Training Courses and Workshops
The Computer Program Service organises training courses and workshops on the widely used computer programs.
Additional training courses on nuclear data processing and thermodynamic data collection and assessment are organised by the NEA Data Bank.
|14 September 2019
||Thermochemical Database (TDB) Project course – 3rd edition: Thermodynamic data collection and assessment
||50 EUR (early bird, before 15 June 2019), 75 EUR (after)
|16-20 September 2019
||PHITS, Monte-Carlo particle and heavy ion transport code system
|7-11 October 2019
||MCNP6® Intermediate CLOUD
|14-18 October 2019
|18-22 November 2019
||FLUKA Advanced Course and Workshop
||Registration opening in Spring 2019
The fee includes the training course, luncheons and coffee breaks.
Class sizes are limited and workshops may be cancelled if
minimum enrollment is not obtained one month prior to the workshop. Workshop fees paid are refundable up to one month before each class.
For participants working in France: the NEA is not a training centre ("centre de formation"), no training agreement ("convention de formation") will be established.
NEA Data Bank training courses and workshop offerings
- ABNTT, analytical benchmarks: case studies in neutron transport theory
- FISPACT-II, inventory simulation platform for nuclear observables and materials science
- FLUKA, Monte Carlo general purpose tool for calculations of particle transport and interactions with matter
- Beginning with the visual editor (level 1)
- Intermediate (level 2)
- NJOY2016, a nuclear data processing system for converting evaluated nuclear data into libraries for applications calculations
- Electron-photon transport modelling with PENELOPE physics, code structure and operation. The PENELOPE manual is available here
- PHITS Monte-Carlo particle and heavy ion transport code system
- SCALE/KENO: criticality safety calculations
- SCALE/KENO-MAVRIC: criticality safety and radiation shielding
- SCALE/ORIGEN: standalone fuel depletion, activation, and source term analysis
- SCALE/TRITON: lattice physics and depletion
- SCALE/TSUNAMI: sensitivity and uncertainty calculations
- Thermodynamic data collection and assessment, more information on the Thermochemical Database Project here
- TRIPOLI 3D general purpose continuous energy Monte Carlo transport code
Last modified: 24 June 2019