Task Group on Sump Clogging
The Task Group on Sump Clogging had been set up to update the state-of-the-art (SOAR) report on Knowledge Base for Emergency Core Cooling System Recirculation Reliability (NEA/CSNI/R(95)11), issued in 1996, and with focus on chemical effects and downstream effects. In particular, the scope of the work included the following actions:
- Reviewed the SOAR on the Knowledge Base for Emergency Core Cooling System Recirculation Reliability and identified open issues that needed to be answered.
- Reviewed relevant findings from international meetings and national reports.
- Identified answers to the open issues of the SOAR and any further progress achieved or any new open issues raised, in particular regarding chemical effects and downstream effects.
- Updated the SOAR to reflect additional knowledge gained and R&D results achieved since 1995.
- Reviewed the advantages/possibilities to establish a web-based portal for information exchange in sump clogging.
- Reported and documented to CSNI.
Members from Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Korea, Spain, Sweden and the United States are to take part in this task. The Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL) took the lead of this activity.
Committee on the Safety of Nuclear Installations (CSNI)
Sump clogging working area (password protected | reminder)
Last reviewed: 7 January 2014