Simon CARROLL, Sweden
Sylvain DESECURES, France|
Manuel PANTELIAS GARCES, Switzerland
|Member(s):||All NEA member countries|
Under the NEA Statute
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)|
|Date of creation:||01 November 2007|
|End of mandate:||31 December 2018|
Mandate (Document reference):
Mandate (Document extract):
Extract from document NEA/RWM/WPDD(2008)1/PROV
1. To foster exchange of information and experience between its members on issues concerned with cost estimation with a view to promoting collective learning and to enhance the credibility, reliability, and auditability of the cost estimation process and thus to enhance stakeholder confidence in the process of managing liabilties.
2. To help define best practice in the field of decommissioning cost estimation and to examine the scope for achieving consensus on overall objectives and for developing common approaches.
3. To advise the RWMC’s WPDD on major and emerging issues in the area of decommissioning cost estimation and to provide appraisals of the state of the art with a view to consolidating knowledge and making it transferable to a variety of different audiences.
4. Define, conduct and oversee studies aimed at improving the transparency and reproducibility of cost estimations, including approaches to reporting.
5. Where necessary, organize topical sessions or workshops on specific topics of interest to the Group and to the WPDD.
Mode of operation
Communication within the Group takes place through plenary meetings, held at least once yearly.
The plenary meeting will be devoted to:
Additionally, the Group: (i) identifies resources (including funding) and schedules for its activities; (ii) forms task teams to work on specific projects and to organise workshops, as appropriate; and (iii) the means to review the working programme and the effectiveness of the programme.