The OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA) is committed to protecting the personal data of users of its websites, which are an essential tool for advancing our mission and programme of work.
How we collect and use personal data
We collect personal data through the use of our websites in two ways: data you directly provide to us and data generated by your activity on the websites.
Data you directly provide. You can choose to voluntarily provide us personal data in the context of registering, subscribing to online newsletters and making purchases. This data enables us to provide the services you have requested and may include your name, physical address, email address and/or phone number.
Data generated by your activity. In order to ensure the effective functioning and security of our websites and to better understand visitor behavioural patterns, as you browse our websites we automatically collect:
- Log information such as the pages you visit, the time/date of your visit as well as your internet protocol (IP) address.
- Device and software information such as your browser specifications and operating system.
This information is collected through the use of various technologies, including cookies, which are small text files stored in your browser. If you have registered and are logged-in, your browsing activity is linked to your user credentials so that we can personalise your experience on our websites, including for future visits.
Access and storage
In general, access to your personal data is limited to appropriate staff within the organisation. In some circumstances we make your data available outside the NEA, such as for:
- Payment processing: We use a third-party service, SogenActif – Societe Générale, France to process online payments.
- Analytics: We use third-party services Google Analytics, United States to help us understand visitor behaviour by allowing the service access to the data generated by your activity and store it using cookies.
- Online surveys: We occasionally use SurveyMonkey, United States to run online surveys of user views.
Data you provide directly is typically kept until either (1) you unsubscribe from the service requested or until (2) 5 years after your last transaction. We store data about your activity on our websites for 5 years, after which time it is deleted. We keep data on email activity for 2 years, after which time it is deleted.
Links to other websites
How to contact us or exercise your rights
Under our data protection rules, you have rights to access and rectify your personal data, as well as to object to its processing, request erasure, and obtain data portability in certain circumstances. To exercise these rights in connection with your use of this website please contact [email@example.com].
If you have further queries or complaints related to the processing of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer [firstname.lastname@example.org]. If you need further assistance in resolving claims related to personal data protection you can contact the Data Protection Commissioner [email@example.com].
Additional information about our approach to data protection is available here.