NEA WebChat with Dr Rita Baranwal
The NEA held a WebChat with Dr Rita Baranwal, Assistant Secretary for the Office of Nuclear Energy in the United States Department of Energy (DOE).
The NEA is organising a series of WebChats to engage with leading figures in the energy sector and explore current issues through in‑depth conversations with NEA Director‑General Magwood. The first NEA WebChat was held on 14 May 2020 with Dr Rita Baranwal, Assistant Secretary for the Office of Nuclear Energy in the United States Department of Energy (DOE).
As a recognised leader in nuclear innovation, Dr Baranwal drew on her personal experiences to discuss effective leadership, innovation and gender balance in the nuclear energy sector. She also shared her perspectives on the future of nuclear power and career opportunities for the next generation. As such, she addressed the following and more:
- What led her to a career in the nuclear sector?
- What is her vision as a leader?
- What are the nuclear sector's biggest challenges for the future?
- How does she think the nuclear energy sector will evolve in the future and what are the career opportunities for the next generation?
- Why should nuclear organisations think about improving gender balance?
A video recording of the event is available here: