- NEA Director-General William D. Magwood, IV spoke at the Sustainable Nuclear Energy Technology Platform (SNETP) Forum 2021 on 2 February 2021. During his intervention, he highlighted the findings of the Multi-sector Workshop on Innovative Regulation, jointly organised with the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) in December 2020.
- A technical panel session on the NEA Nuclear Education, Skills and Technology (NEST) was held at the Conference on Nuclear Training and Education: A Biennial International Forum (CONTE 2021), which was organised by the American Nuclear Society (ANS) on 9-11 February 2021.
- NEA Director-General Magwood and senior staff met with the World Nuclear Association (WNA) on 10 February 2021.
🗨️ “We appreciate today’s discussion and our working relationship with @worldnuclear & @samabilbao.— OECD NEA ⚛️ Nuclear Energy Agency (@OECD_NEA) February 10, 2021
The @OECD_NEA looks forward to further dialogues with @worldnuclear to support the wider understanding of #nuclearenergy ⚛️ and to enable enhanced #nuclearsafety 🔗," DG Magwood https://t.co/RAGp0Svf1s
- Jan Horst Keppler, NEA's senior economic advisor, spoke at the FORATOM webinar dedicated to Financing Nuclear New Build on 11 February 2021 about the challenges facing new nuclear financing in NEA countries .
- The NEA convened a second high-level working meeting on improving the gender balance in nuclear energy on 11-12 February 2021. The meeting kicked off on the International Day of Women and Girls in Science and brought together experts from 13 NEA member countries, as well as representatives from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the European Commission.
- The NEA participated in the International Gender Champions Impact Group meeting hosted by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) on 16 February 2021. Director-General Magwood highlighted recent NEA work on capacity building and gender, including the high-level working meeting on improving the gender balance and the International Mentoring Workshops.
- The first edition of the NEA Fundamentals of International Nuclear Law (FINL) course was held on 16-18 February 2021 with a diverse international group of 41 professionals and graduate students from 27 countries.
- The NEA participated in the Inter-Agency Committee on Radiation Safety (IACRS) meeting held on 16-18 February 2021 to discuss the key IACRS priorities for the next 18-month period towards international harmonisation of radiation protection and safety and to improve communication on radiological risks. The NEA serves as the joint secretariat of the IACRS together with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).